Thursday, August 23, 2007

Redirected Feline Aggression

Hi Chris,
You've been such a help so far with my very aggressive cat. She's doing fine as an outdoor cat.
She still has some peculiar aggression behaviour which baffles me. She becomes aggressive towards me or anyone else while cleaning out her litter box. Or, more often, it's when I'm bringing the litter to the curb for garbage and she smells it in the bag. I think she thinks I'm another cat or something. I always have to be very careful when cleaning the litter and I always look around to make sure the cat's not around. She will come up and growl and try to bite and scratch.
Do you have any explanation for this? So far I'm managing by keeping the door open as a quick escape route but any suggestions would help.
Also, if there is another cat around she will redirect her aggression towards me as well. Any suggestions on this too?
Thanks so much
Tinku

3 comments:

Sek said...

This site contains good cat behavior problem information. Unfortunately, This site is dead.

Sek said...

This site contains good cat behavior problem information. Unfortunately, This site is dead.

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Best wishes